Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

I am wondering whether to mention to my girlfriend of

Customer Question

I am wondering whether to mention to my girlfriend of 2.5years about briefly kissing a girl on a night out yesterday. Walking back to hotel at end of night, helped girl out of some bushes she had fallen In to. She was very drunk, I was tipsy. Responded initially but then stopped. Walked away.
Can see the posiives/negatives of both
I've never done anything like this during our relationship
Please help,
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The girl initiated it.It really didn't mean anything so not sure whether to forget it and not repeat or be honest and communicate my error. My girlfriend has been cheated on (sex) in past relationships so know it will really hurt her, especially as she thinks the world of me and vice versa.Trying to decide which option causes least damage & better for relationship longterm etc
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 1 year ago.

I say if it was initiated by the girl and you immediately stopped then I would consider it a non issue and no need to tell your girlfriend. There was no intent on your part. However, I would take caution in putting yourself in situations like that in the future. If your girlfriend has trust issues then you being around drunk girls will not help alleviate her issues. Bad things happen when people are intoxicated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your responseI didnt stop immediately I responded for 5-10 seconds then stopped. Does this affect the responsender provided?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Despite her past my girlfriend is very trustING. Just worries when I am away wit workShe's always told me we have no secrets so even for something minor not sure whether I should be upfront. But could potentially really upset her and damage the relationship for something menial
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 1 year ago.

No changes in my response. It was a shocking reaction. You handled it appropriately. Time to put it behind you.