TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Here is my problem. I'm 30 and I started dating an older

Customer Question

So here is my problem. I'm 30 and I started dating an older women 40 3 months ago. We got on amazingly had great sex and just clicked. She would call me up if she hadn't heard back from me because she was worried about me, she even asked me if I was interested in moving in. Then suddenly she ends it saying she wants me to be with someone younger that can give me all the things she can't, kids etc and that was that. Post break up. She has messaged me quite a few times saying she's sad she misses me etc, happy Halloween today. Asked me for a drink with her work colleagues Friday but I didn't go because I would have felt out of place with her team. We work at the same place but different teams. Guess I'm just confused and in need of some insight. I think if I'm really honest I want her back but if not I'd like to get over her.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like she really cares for you but is worried about the age difference based on kids family Etc. I might ask her out for drink, sit down have a nice meal, drink and enjoy each other's company and talk about what could be for the both of you and if it turns out that you have different paths, then move forward in a nice and loving way and you might be able to begin to heal because at least it wouldn't be a complete cut off without warning.

I am here when you are available.