TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for nearly 5

Customer Question

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for nearly 5 years now. I honestly love her so god damn much but I I'm just not sexually attracted to her. I think of what my life could of been like if I wasn't with her but it makes me feel guilty to feel like this. Social media does not help because I can see these girls that have the same interests as me and girls that I do feel sexually attracted too.
Please can you advise me on what to do, because it's killing my mind not knowing what to do
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

You are in a tough spot no doubt. Have you been open with her about the intimacy issues? I understand how you love her and that may always be there but as you know a relationship needs the sexual component as well. How have you managed to stay for 5 years? Has it always been this way or has it recently changed? If you used to be attracted to her then you might want to look at what might have caused this shift. It is normal for that rush that exists at the start of relationships to calm down and settle. I know you feel guilty if you leave, but you must ask yourself what you truly desire for yourself moving forward and if you can't see a full life with her, then that is important.

I am not able to provide a call but am happy to chat with you here.

Let me know how I can support you.