llw26
llw26, Counselor
Experience:  LCPC - 2015. Counseling skills.
66686948

My wife is openly committing adultery but continues to live

Customer Question

My wife is openly committing adultery but continues to live in our jointly owned house, saying she has nowhere else to live. What can I do to make her leave the house & live elsewhere. We have 2 children still living at home , a daughter aged 20 & a son aged 16.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  llw26 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. Are yall in the process of getting divorced? If so, you can speak with your lawyer about this. If not, I would suggest seeking out legal counsel to have them assist with her residing in the home. You would need a judge to determine her staying/leaving. Once you have a judge's order, she must follow it - if she doesn't then it provides you more leeway to contact the police and have her arrested for trespassing. Until you have a court order, there's really nothing you can do to get her to leave (unless the house is only in your name... then she technically doesn't own the home and you have full power to have her removed from the home).