TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My husband is a sound recordist my son is grown up and I am

My husband is a sound recordist my son is grown up and I am very lonely as he works away all the time my husband that is.Now his elderly mother is demanding of him in any spare time he has and she lives 100 miles away.This has shifted the balance for me as he naturally wants to help his mother so I barely see him at all.I don't know what to do .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of your loneliness. I would talk to him about how you feel..not in a way to put pressure on him when I am sure he is feeling pressure taking care of his mom and also traveling. Let him know you love and miss him and desire to carve out some special time for the tow of you when he is home. He may be so busy with the work and mom pressures that he just isn't aware of how it is impacting you as well. Go to him with love and care in your heart and let him know you miss him and want to be with him.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou so much.I will try that .

My pleasure. Be strong and advocate for your needs too in a loving way.

let me know if I can support you further. If all good for now please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so but without it, I do not receive credit for my time. Thanks so much.

Jen