TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I'm wondering if you could possibly shed some light on my

Customer Question

I'm wondering if you could possibly shed some light on my current situation please. My husband of 3 months left me and my 1 year old son 5 weeks ago. We were together 4.5 years. To out it bluntly we had a terrible year. I had a baby went on maternity leave decided we should get married this year and put huge financial pressure on ourselves. I went back to work part time this January. Since last year we've done nothing but argue about silly stuff but it became more intense. Everyday was ground hog day. Work baby and what to eat for tea. We had no life as expected when 2 major things happen in a short space of time. Anyway he left said he didn't love me anymore. Since then he makes excuses to contact me about picking a letter up or lending the car etc. Never about seeing our son. He sees him about once or twice a week. 2 nights ago he came round and we briefly discussed contact arrangements but didn't make a plan. We had tea then had sex. We talked and I mentioned the above about the year and that in the time he left I've managed to find myself and beginning to feel happy except I would like to start a new relationship with him. And not make our mistakes again. Learn to communicate rather than read eachother mind. As we never talked about bills or anything couples should really discuss. He came round again yesterday to pick up the car and said bye and didn't mention anything about last night or when he would see me again. He even held his hand out to shake mine?! I don't understand what is going on... ice asked to continue the talk tonight as it was left hanging and I feel like he's going to break my heart all over again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication professor and relationship expert and behavioral therapist. I would like to talk if possible. I know you requested a phone call. I do not know how this works with international calls. Also, sometimes JUST ANSWER gives you a price that is different than what the experts individually can charge.

I will send you my contact information through the "Premium Services" link and then in the meantime maybe you will hear back about how to proceed.

Dr. Jackie

Of course, all of this is in USD. So see what you can find out on your end. I think they may connect us through a third number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I don't want an international phone call. If you could just advise me in writing at all that would be appreciated as my situation is quite dire at the minute. We had another conversation and he said he still loves me but he can't get over our bad year and isn't ready to try and start again and he may never be. Or I might move on by the time he's ready. He keeps arriving at the house unexpectedly whether it's before work or in the evening. He makes himself a coffee but then proceeds to say can I use YOUR toilet etc like he's playing mind games with me. He's being really cruel as he wants to still try to have some power and dominance over my life and do whatever he likes. I'm wearing out now hes tiring me emotiinally and physcially as i cant go on like this any longer. I feel like saying look do you want to come home or do you want out because you cant keep doing this. If you want to go then go and stop interfereing with me. If you want to come back then give yourself 100% commitment to make it work.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But I feel like I can't say that as it will cause argument and that's not what I want. I want to sort things out and move on together.