Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Thanks for the prompt reply, shame it was bad news! I bought

Customer Question

Thanks for the prompt reply, shame it was bad news!

I bought the car 2 weeks ago from a Dealer. To be fair the Dealer did look a bit dodgy and I know they are going to be evasive/difficult to deal with! Do I have any recourse with them?

I really like the car so would just like "them" to repair it. They said the car came with a 28 day engine/gearbox warranty, but when I look at the info pack supplied there is no paperwork to support this. Feel stupid now!!
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again ...

Sorry for the delay ..

Certainly yes - the warranty is just that - for any faults that arise on or in the transmission ... it is one of the main components of the car & warranty...

So yes, you need to persevere and be insistent - you could get a second opinion - hands on / test drive opinion from a different garage altogether.. and then you will have the extra "pressure" / leverage to "insist" with.... Let me know how you get on ..

Incidentally - paperwork or not- any car trader in the UK -even if he is selling from home..has to give a one month warranty ... so if you have trouble - call on your local Tso - trading standards office for more help with that.

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.