Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have got engine management light flashing also viabratio

Customer Question

I have got engine management light flashing also viabration
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

.

Hopefully i can help..

.

If the engine is producing a vibration as such even at idle or the idle speed is uneven or the engine is missfiring - then its either a case of maybe faulty sparkplugs or ignition coils/wiring or a fuel injector/wiring problem on one of the four cylinders - one very rare occurences an engine timing issue/emissions issue - however as you say you do have "engine management light" currently on at the moment - Then this will mean the cars ecu "the computer" has picked up the fault and stored fault codes -so the best advice really at this stage is to find out exactly what the ecu has picked up on using scan tool/diagnostic machine and see what fault codes you have - only then can you investigate further based on the results or p fault codes you have from the test before you replace any parts if need be...So as above if you havent done that as of yet then thats best way forward on this one..doesnt need to be the dealer unless its still under dealer warranty..any good local garage or if you dont want to drive the car in its condition - then im sure any good local mobile technician with the equipment should be able to this for you..I do hope this helps further