Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

1994 renault laguna stalls when warn and is very difficult

Customer Question

1994 renault laguna stalls when warn and is very difficult to start again. I can start it by depressing the throtle to the floor and turning the key and keeping it turnrd untill the engine starts after much popping and banging, it can take up to 10 seconds or more before the engine catches and it then roars into life. It sounds like a fuel starvation problem. I have checked the air control valve and it did have oil in it which I have cleanrd out but the engine is still difficult to start when warm. It seems fine once the engine is hot. Any idea,s?. derek
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this..

Please tell me exactly which engine you have in your Laguna.... a Full reg will be really helpful too if you can....

Also - what is the mileage on the car ?

Too - what is its service /recent repair history?

Do you have any fault lights on the dash when its running -?

Have you had any plug in tests done at all?

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am finding it difficult getting a reply to you. I will try again. The Laguna is a 2.0 Litre RXE automatic. Engine prefix F3R. Mileage is a genuine 61000. The car has been regularly serviced and has just passed its MOT. There is an airbag warning on the dashboard. The car is an early Laguna and does not have a full diagnostic facility. Derek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello MIKDERMOOSE,additional information as fpllows. Car is an early Laguna 1994 2.0 Litre RXE automatic,registration No M85 DGO, engine prefix F3R, mileage is a genuine 61000 and regularly serviced. The airbag warning light is on but no other indicators. Car does not have a full diagnostic check facilty