Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, I have just bought an OE roof rack for a high top LWB Movano

Customer Question

Hi, I have just bought an OE roof rack for a high top LWB Movano but it doesn't have any instructions for fitting. Can you help please? Regards, Bill
Category: Renault
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, it may be easier to find a Vauxhall engineer as the vehicles are identical.

Regards, Bill.

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I still require an answer but it is becoming very urgent. Are you based in the States or Europe? Regards, Bill

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this... Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question... I am in the UK..

Before we progress - can you please explain for me exactly what the issue is that you have - ?

Too - what year is your Movano?

Rgds - MIKE..............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, I have just bought a 2003 LWB Movano 2.5DTi. I bought from a Vauxhall dealer and OE full length roof rack. Whilst it seems to have all the brackets, I can only guess at the configuration of them as there are so many. There are two heavy brackets that have an extra piece that is something of an C shape. I am guessing that the lighter brackets are fitted direcly to the roof but I do need to be sure as I will be taking the van to southern Spain. There are no instruction with this rack so I feel it would help be better with a bit of guidance even though I am mechanically minded. I hope that you can help. Regards, Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had forgotten to mention that the rack is full length and three pieces. Regards, Bill

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Bill..

Thank you for your reply -

There are many different ones of these Bill - but with two basic fittings types - One that fits on the gutters that are hidden under plastic runner sliders on the roof - and the other that fit on the gutters - about 9" or so down the sides of the van - from the roof down..

What is important is that you have the right one - so you need to check on that - Im assuming you have the latter because its the high roof one -

Click on this picture I have loaded for you below Bill - if you look closely - that is showing one already fitted and you should be able to see / figure then how you fit your fittings together - so that they then fit the whole thing to the gutters...

The image is here for you Bill..

graphic

Enlarge the image by clicking on it Bill.... Let me know if you need anything more though... I'll always help more if I can at all -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for your response. Whilst the picture of the rack looks similar, the mountings are different. Mine it appears will mount via the bolt holes in the roof that run inline with the black trim on the roof. The brackets the I have certainly seem to align with the factory drilled holes in the roof, it is difficult for me to ascertain which are the ones that bolt directly to the roof. There are lighter gauge brackets that line-up but also very heavy gauge ones as well. Regards, Bill.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, have you come up with anything else re: the roof rack, as mine bolts to the roof and not the gutter? It doesn't have one anyway. Cheers, Bill

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Bill...

Thank you for your reply - Im really sorry I have only just received both for some reason..

Ok Bill - can you give me the Full reg of your van - and the GM part number if you have it of the roof rack kit .. ( it should be on the box )... and I will look into this further for you...with the reg I can check your actual van too -

Best Rgds - MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for your response. The reg of my van is VO53 JHK. The part number on the box is XXXXXXXXXX Also, S/E Equipement. 070912.

The box contains what looks like all the fixings that I would require including nutserts for the roof. Regards, Bill.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Bill..

First - my apologies - Im afraid I was off ill all last week...

The part number you gave me Bill - the system has auto blotted it out - can you give it me again - put a space between digit to stop that happening again...

Best Rgds Bill - MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, the number on the box is as follows; XXXXXXXXXX S/E Equipement. 070912. These are the only numbers on the box. I f you need to call me my mobile is 07719 108951. Cheers, Bill.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Bill..

Bill - Im really sorry but that part number is blanked again... you need to remember to press the space bar between each digit Bill...

Im afraid I cant use the telephone - its in our contract , we are not allowed Im afraid...

If you can let me know on that again as above - and then I'll check it further for you-

Best Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, the number that I had provided is as read. I'll try breaking it up but the first number is 10 digits long. 99 10 11 19 77 . S/E Equipement 07 09 12

Hope this works, Bill

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Bill...

That looks ok - Leave this with me now Bill... I will see what I can find out and get back to you asap..

Rgds, MIKE...............................