Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Renault clio 1.5 diesel cut out whilst driving yesterday

Customer Question

The garage say its has come up with unknown fault 038011
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you with this...

Please give me the cars Full reg number so that I can ID its management systems...

Too - did this occur when driving at speed - or when you were stopping / slowing down?.

Will the engine turn / crank on the key?

If so - does it sound any different at all when turning on the key - ie, faster /slower / sluggish etc?

Did you have any fault lights on the dash prior to this happening?

Lastly - exactly what has the garage done / concluded / any parts tried / replaced etc? What tests - other than a fault code test, have they done ?

What sort / type of garage is working on the car?

The more info you can give me - to inc the answers to the above, the better I can help you..

Rgds, MIKE............................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The registration number FT53EJJ

I was driving in 5th gear at 60mph when the engine flutterd slightly then ran OK for about 1 mile then an amber criss cross light came on immediately folled by a red light saying STOP, which I did.

I called the AA and they towed me home. He said the engine sounds fine and he thought it was a sensor . I can't remember whether he said it was a cam shft sensor or a crank shaft sensor. The AA rep did not put his computer on the car which I was disappointed about but said it was pointless as he did not carry the part.The garage isa local MOT garage and obviously once it was not a simple fix didn't want to know.

saying they were very busy and it would have to wait.

They said it had come up with unknown fault 038011. They told me they got the engine running briefly but the diesel supply has been cut off

The engine sounds exactly the same when I turn it over as it always has but has a red light on dash saying STOP

No parts have been tried by the garage

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When can I expect an answer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was told he would respond within 15mins 6hours ago