Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2001 Scenic that will not start. It turns over ok

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Scenic that will not start. It turns over ok but just will not start. If I tow it it will start and keep running and starting ok. Then all of a sudden with no warning it wont start again with and I have to tow it off again. Any ideas please
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem i towed it off Sat and it ran ok Sun and this morning it would not start again.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this-

Can you tell me how / when this all started to happen... ie, was it a sudden or gradual thing etc ?

What is the mileage on the car ?

What is its service /recent repair history ? and when, at what mileage & date was the last service done ?

Are you saying that when it plays up, it will not start on the key - but will always start with a tow ?

When you are driving, are the any fault lights on?

Have you had any plug in diagnostic tests done at all?

Have any other parts been replaced at all in a bid to cure this?

Rgds, MIKE.............................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

Sorry I no longer own the vehicle I got fed up of it not starting and been ok. I lost faith in it so ive scrapped it.

Thanks Marc