Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i have a kubistar not a kangoo but im told they are the

Customer Question

hi i have a kubistar not a kangoo but im told they are the same its a 07 deisal well i purchased the van without a radio in it and then got one from a part finder site i pluged it in and the buttons lit up but nothing on the dash display only time and temp so i then purchased another dash display pluged thay in and the same thing happened
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this...

Please just tell me your current situation with this - where you are up to etc - and then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi what other info do you require ? as it stand i am stuck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tell me what imformation you need im not happy because i have herd nothing from you only the email asking for more info so what is it you neeed to know

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Tony..

Im sorry , Im not on line 24/7 - I will always get back to you as soon as I receive your reply -

I was asking what the current situation was in case you had progressed any since asking your question - so that Im not telling you what you may already have known..

To save you further time then -please tell me exactly what is in the dash display when you turn the radio ON ...

Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike all that happens is the radio lights up you can see the light around the buttons there is no display on the radio its self and the dash display only has the time and temperature on it nothing from the radio as it should be

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Tony ,

Thank you for your reply -

In that case Tony, it seems you have a wiring fault maybe - The display on the dash ( which doubles as the radio display ) should be lit up asking for a Code... you need a security code for the radio...

Do you have the code for the replacement radio / have you tried to input that ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have the code but thats the problem because theres nothing on the display you dont know what to put in
so you think there is a wireing problem can you advise who i should take the van to to get this sorted ?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Tony,

The fact that you have replaced the radio - and the display, indicates that there is unlikely any issue with either and that its fault is either with the connection to the radio - or the wiring en route to the display.

While you could have a faulty radio , the replacement - that would be unusual - so one would have to assume that the fault is with the wiring ...and that will have to be carefully checked through.

You should be able to tell straight way if there are signs of changing n- chopping / cutting the radio wiring - inspect it carefully. I suspect actually what's happened here is that the previous owner has had an aftermarket system installed- that had its own display - and that would inevitably meant some changes to the wiring - so , you need to check - or have that all checked and traced carefully through to find what's happened.

Radio repairer's - if you have one locally ( or radio code specialists ) have what are called "emulators" - they can connect your radio to that - and that will prove it is putting out a display signal - if it should come to that ... but again, the wiring is suspect here.

Obviously I cant say from here just where that will be - it will have to be checked through - If you cant find anything - a radio installer place / specialist would be best to help you sort that out - From what you have described, that is the biggest suspect with this one and therefore the way forward to investigate / trace the cause .
Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.