Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a newish Megane hatchback. After its 36,000 mile service

Customer Question

I have a newish Megane hatchback. After its 36,000 mile service I noticed a wqater 'sloshing' noise coming from under the bonnet when cornering especially when the car was cold. But no other problems. This week it was parked at Heathrow and when re returned (after it had been parked out in the cold overnight) the water sloshing noise was replaced by what sounded like bacon frying or that sound when you put a hot frying pan into water. This disappeared as the car warmed up.
Any thoughts please?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'll hang on a little longer....

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

How old is the car or year?

Have yu noticed any issues with the car overheating or any issues with the heating system etc?

Have you noticed any steam come from under the bonnet when you heard the noise or any water leaking out from under the car at all - foot wells etc..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1) The car is under 3 years old.

2) This only occurred after its 36,000 service (at a main dealer).

3) No steam from the bonnet.

4) Temp gauge is behaving normally

5) Heating system basically fine, except one night when I had it on de-mist setting, it seemed only the drivers side of the windscreen cleared.

Odd!

Thanks for you help.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi.there thanks for getting back..

One area to maybe check anyway would be the plenum drainage areas under the windscreen- sometimes if water backs up in there and sits without draining away then each time you corner then the water will shift along from one side to the other hence you may hear the sort of water sloshing noise from well in front of the dash board.it could also be backing up into the pollen filter area hence the demisting problem so it would maybe start there first and see if the drains are clear.another possible idea could be an air lock, probably air in the heater matrix or leak into heater box,air conditioning not draining.without actually hearing from a specific area it hard to tell without hearing it.because the cars under warranty then it maybe a good idea to have them re-check this..