Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Renault

i have a renault megane 1.6 2005 the vehicle once warm keeps

cutting out when at traffic... Show More
cutting out when at traffic lights although it starts right away.sometimes when slowing down the revs drop and it starts to jump could this be a core plug problem
Category: Renault
Show Less
Mike, Renault Technician
replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this...

Can you first please tell me - what is the mileage on the car ?

What is its service / recent repair history?

When mileage / time -wise, was it last serviced ?

Too - if you can give me its Full reg number - that will help me ID its systems on your particular vehicle -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

hello mike mileage on vehicle 69000,reg no NU05ZBZ,it has had a new cam shaft depreza 12 month ago and timing belt,installed by main renault dealership,service done in february new back discs replaced

Mike, Renault Technician replied 3 years ago.
Hello again John - Thank you for your reply and info...

First my sincere apologies that I could only just get back to you just now...

Ok - with this engine / management system that you have, there is a known / common issue with these that causes a known stalling fault / problem ..Renault in fact issued a "FIX BULLETIN" on this for this very fault - I will give it you as follows so that you can get your car sorted - it is as follows for you :

Bulletin

Affected vehicles

Make/Model : Renault Megane II (02-10) 1,6 2002-09 Engine code : K4M 760/761
  • All petrol models with throttle control unit.
Problem
  • Engine stalls.
  • Poss Loss of engine power.
Cause
  • Throttle valve not opening or closing correctly due to build up of deposits in throttle body.
Remedy
  • Remove throttle body and clean deposits from inner walls.

So its not a core plug issue or anything like that ... I would suggest to make a check of all the pipework - for any loose fitting pipes - vacuum pipes and even electrical connectors on the various wiring / sensors on the engine and earth wire connectors first - as anything like that can cause such issues too.... But after that- if its nothing like that , then have the throttle body cleaned as above to cure this known fault. Any small type good garage can do this for you if you would need garage help - but either way , given your description of the issue, that will cure this for you.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.