Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My renault master has a fault on the engine revs.It can be

Customer Question

My renault master has a fault on the engine revs.It can be running normal then loses the accelerator pedal and runs on tick over , then intermittently comes back. Its a 2006 model and would appreciate any info. Thanks.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This sounds like a failing throttle accelerating sensor , you will have to find a good shop that has the needed scan tool to check for this problem ,If the check engine light is ON
then you will have a code , if no light on when the engine is running then the shop will have to check the operation of the sensor in live data .

Without the scan tool there is not much one can do but guess and guessing this could become an expensive repair due to replacing parts not needed.

But going from your problem this does sound like the sensor i mentioned .

Need further assistance then please get back to me

Kindest regards Greg.