Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

hello, renault megane 1.4 2003, would not start, the usual

Customer Question

hello, renault megane 1.4 2003, would not start, the usual forum problems. I cleaned the TDC sensor, still nothing, this was after I brought a brand new bettery, as the dash shows battery light on start up. Fuel gage works but no engine noise.

What can I try next? Dan
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Yes I still require an expert - Ive cleaned teh TDC sensor twice and the block it sits on once. Still nothing

All the best

Dan

Hello Dan,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Dan,

I am searching for the right Professional to assist you.

Thanks for your patience,

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello.

You say no engine noise.

Does this mean the engine does not crank over?

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is correct, however we did pay for the fob to be repaired as intermittent response from car. However when it did read the fob, there was no engine noise

I cleaned the TDC sensor to crankshaft and still nothing, Ive even cleaned the part where sensor sits on and still nothing. Fuel gauge and dash lights appear, and as many forums suggests, a clicking noise occurs, but still not firing

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

You need to check the earth lead between the chassis and the engine block.

Mark.