Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

hi my rx4 as just cut out on me when i was driven down the

Customer Question

hi my rx4 as just cut out on me when i was driven down the motorway,i have been towed off the motorway, and iv tryed to start it but it just keeps spinning over with out fire in up, at first i thought it was the time in belt. can you help me please.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help...I see your question is still live..do you still require any help?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

were is the plug in point for the diagnostics on the rx4 scenic. x reg

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi.there..sorry for delay..

Ive inc a diagram below that should help you lcate the DLC socket..Also i see you say the car just suddenly cut out on the motorway..provided you have checked fuel is getting upto the engine and theres a spark..i would certainly double check the timing belt hasnt actually snapped or stripped teeth..one way to check that is to open the oil cap and observe the camshaft have somebody spin the engine over quickly in short bursts and see if the camshaft moves if not - if it doesnt - then you have broken timing belt..