Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

kangoo 2007 switch on ignition side lights and dip lights coming

Customer Question

kangoo 2007 switch on ignition side lights and dip lights coming on. checked all relays and switches. cannot get them off
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mikdermoose :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mikdermoose :

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this -

Mikdermoose :

Can you please tell me if any work or anything has been done to the van at all - prior to this happening?.

Mikdermoose :

I am not receiving any response from you - perhaps you have gone off line - ...

Mikdermoose :

Please type your reply here.. Also please inc the full details of the van in question to save time - and all / everything that has been done / tried so far.. When I receive your reply - I will get back to you asap thereafter - KInd Rgds, MIKE,....................................

JACUSTOMER-jnlds3wv- :

Hi Mike,

JACUSTOMER-jnlds3wv- :

Not that we know of. We have tried all relays, light & ignition switches.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again....

My apologies for the delay - I have had to switch us out of the the Live chat to the QA system...

Can you just bring me up to date with this - ie, if anything else has been done since asking your question...

Too - I note you appear to have done a lot - do you have any diagnostic test results at all ?

Plus - please give me its Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE...........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Registration No. 07 D 75189

Nothing else has been done since.

Seamus

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Seamus -

Thank you for your reply - sorry I couldn't get back to you any sooner than now..

Thats ok - I wanted to qualify the system on it - but basically this is invariably a UCh module fault.

This is essentially the main central computer that that these items work through - all the main electrics on these -(apart from engine management which has its own ecu )..and when they develop faults like this - if they wont re boot / reset... then it has to be either replaced, or if possible, repaired.

Try the reboot procedure first - that is, take the keys ( or card if you have that type ) out of the vehicle - disconnect the main battery terminals and connect the lead ends / terminals together - link with a wire if needed... Keep like that for 30 mins - then disconnect them -and reattach them to the battery.... then re try the systems.

If all is well now, thats re booted and its ok. ( its just like your home computer that often will respond like that ).. If not - or if it works but keeps going wrong there are specialists that advertise on line that repair / recondition these units... You can find them on google etc or I can give you a contact if you need. You then send the unit to them , they sort it for you and return it to you .That is considerably cheaper option that new unit.

So try that Seamus...work through as above on this one now. Let me know how you go.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.