Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have a renault espace 2.2 dci dominique i have lose of power

Customer Question

i have a renault espace 2.2 dci dominique i have lose of power till my turbo kicks in any ideas please
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE..

Please can you explain more fully - exacly what is happening - describe the symptoms more fully for me so that I can help you ..

Do you have any fault lights on the dash at all?

Have you had any tests done ??

Rgds, MIKE..............................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi mike thanks for reply .the auxilary belt went so had it replaced and they done the cam belt while they did it at the same time as the wheel to the steering pump was damaged thats why the aux belt went .found bearing gone in pump so had new pump fitted .we had a dianostics test done nothing found and no lights on dash they found if you unplug the mass air sensor it would rev like it should plug in back in go back to lack of power till turbo kicks in.so we put a new air sensor in but still the same.we have looked all over the car for any signs of a cable plug come of but nothing found i hope u can help

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again Christopher - thank you for your reply / info..

Your symptoms do indicate a fault with the air mass meter to be honest... a lot of people just disconnect it and leave it !... you could do that of course - it would have a slight effect on running but not so you'd notice.... but Im wondering if you have a faulty one - as a replacement... it does happen... so bear that in mind. If its a second hand one - definately change it for another -

While its likely the connectors are ok to the meter - do just check them - you can sometimes get a crossed connection that shorts it out ... check / peel back the rubber cover on the plug and check the wires etc under there..

As you dont have any fault lights on there is not a lot to go on - these do suffer with clogging Egr valves though - if you don't have success with the air meter as above -re check that .. I dont know if you know but they have a tendency to lose the end plate - the circular plate - and that goes into the manifold. This means a serious loss of power - looking at the valve - you will see a hole at the end where a plate should be...

|So work through this as above Christopher -and let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi mike chris again I purchased a new mass air filter from ebay and they said it was the right one for my car is there anyway it could be wrong is there anyway of telling