Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

Hi,The can belt has snapped on one of our Renault Master

Customer Question

Hi, The cam belt has snapped on one of our Renault Master (2008 G9U Engine).

Please can you advise and provide manufacturer workshop guides as to how to repair and replace the necessary parts. Specifically I'm looking for guides to:

Replace Cam Belt (including resetting the timing).

Remove and replace the cylinder head (including torquing specs for replacing head).

Establish what consumables should be replaced.

Also any tips on this work for this engine and and a general overview of what you would do in this situation would be appreciated too.

At the moment we have only removed the cover to establish that the belt has snapped (due to contamination, not age), we are working on the assumption that it has bent some valves but not sure what other damage has likely occurred?

Category: Renault
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

If you can wait until tomorrow I should be able to post everything you need to know.

Mark :

You will have bent the valves though.

Mark :

There is also the possibility of cracked valve guides so these will need to be inspected.

JACUSTOMER-cd7zr6ec- :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX of time do you think you can post the info by? Was hoping to get the job started tomorrow morning. Do you want the Reg No? I'm working on that assumption and the plan at the moment is to swap the whole cylinder head for a reconditioned unit, would you say that's the best way to go?

Mark :

Here are timing belt instructions. Still looking to get the others for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

.