Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a laguna 2.2 dci.when i accelerate the warning light

Customer Question

i have a laguna 2.2 dci.
when i accelerate the warning light cums on saying fault in fuel injection at the same time the engin tone changes and it loses a bit of power and it gives out a little bit of smoke.i have changed the fuel fillter but this hasent helped but it dose seem to be sterved of fuel.
please can you help.
regards
andy
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Andy,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please keep trying

Hello Andy,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing the vehicle has a injector that is failing which is causing one of the cylinders not to be primed correctly.What I would suggest as a first step is to have a balance test performed on the injectors which will determine which one is causing the issue.