Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi. I also have a 1999 Scenic (mk 1, phase 2). I had the radio

Hi. I also have a 1999 Scenic (mk 1, phase 2). I had the radio head unit replaced a few years ago. Recently. the bulbs that illuminate the heater controls have failed. How can I access the centre console to replace them? I found a good and detailed description on Renault Forums for replacing the bulbs for the clock and outside temperature, but nothing for the heater. If I remove the radio, will I be able to reach down into the heater control area or is there another way to dismantle it?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Chris..

This is MIKE - as requested... You were the Clio sunroof man yes ;)

Sorry I missed you at first - was just off for a bit..

Yes you can do that with your Scenic - remove the radio and reach down... At least thats the way I recall without looking anything up ;)

But yes, I have done it that way too - remove the radio and while its a little tight it can be done..

If you do have any problems though - you know where I am - Im always happy to help as / if needed more so..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert