Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

renault espace 2.2dt 2000 aux belt pulley requires replacement

Customer Question

renault espace 2.2dt 2000
aux belt pulley requires replacement (top Rear) is this a renault part and how do i replace ?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

You are correct - these are Renault parts..

Im not 100% sure which part you are meaning though - as people call these pulleys by different names and can end up with the wrong one..

So I will give you a pic of the assembly - please look carefully and tell my which pulley you are referring too - then we can carry on..

For the image link -click HERE.

Too - does your car have Air Con or not ?

If you can give me the full VIN as well and the Oval plate number - ( off the sticker inside the door ) that will help also -

Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on your diagram the pulley appers to be number one, between the power steering pump and the tensioner . pulley is ribbed

vin vf8jeoe0523051946 vehicle has aircon

oval plate jeoe t074692

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Paul -

Thank you for your reply -

Item 1 is actually the belt - Item 3 is the ribbed pulley - that is a basic idler pulley. They do fail by way of the internal bearing going noisy etc -

Actually to replace that - while the book says you must remove practically everything, you can do it quite easily without any special tools etc -

Remove the top cover obviously and what you need to gain some decent access - though it is a little tight - Locate the tensioner you mentioned - and you need to use a wrench / tool of suitable type - on the nut head on the tensioner to press that whole tensioner hard - away from the belt. It will move but its on a heavy spring - to tension the belt... but thats all - it "swoings" out of the way - loosening the belt so you can take it off said pulley... Then carefully let the tensioner go back and settle - then you simply remove the centre bolt on the pulley in question - fit your new wheel / pulley - and re tighten the bolt...

Use some stud lock / not lock on the bolt before fitting the bolt - just a dab on the threads ( you can get that from any good car shop ) - then de stress your tensioner again as above to then fit the belt around the pulleys - and let the tensioner take up again against the belt - and thats the job done..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.