Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

Is it possible to fit fasteners to the floor of the (7 seater)

Customer Question

Is it possible to fit fasteners to the floor of the (7 seater) Grand Scenic to accommodate a Graco-type baby seat so seven people plus baby can travel? Two of us, plus family 2+4 from abroad, means we need eight of us to travel together. Do NOT wish to part with the Grand Scenic (a brilliant family servant) now that an extra little one has arrived! Needs to be safe of course; could baby seat take the space of the sliding central oddments box, with middle row middle seat occupant riding legs apart? Or must I change the car for an unknown quantity in a different make?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Happy to wait, Shantal. There's plenty of time between now and when I need to have resolved the question of "Add an extra seat to the Grand Scenic, or exchange for an eight-seater".

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

You cannot position a child seat in place of the oddments bin. If you want to carry 8 people you will need to choose another vehicle designed for that purpose.

Mark