Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

how can water get into the storage compartment in front of

Customer Question

how can water get into the storage compartment in front of front seats on Renault scenic>
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Usual suspects for water getting into the cabin are blocked drains under the windscreen at bulkhead, past the heating system, faulty windscreen seal or faulty door seals.

Customer:

The water is in the two front storage boxes in front of the front seats. It is not in the actual cabin. The carpet in the cabin is dry other that inside the two boxes

Mark :

Why the poor service rating?

Mark :

if you are talking about water in a compartment above ground level then it is only condensation.

Mark :

That is only caused by moisture in the air if there is no other leaks from the places I mentioned.

Customer: Condensation does not come inches deep. The water was in the storage boxes below cabin floor at the front of the car
Mark :

Did the water appear over night?

Mark :

Also, if you divide the volume of the compartment against the total area of the floor pan then it only takes a millimetre of water over the total area to make it inches deep for an area a fraction of the floor pan.

Mark :

The only other reason is if the drain for the air conditioning is blocked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought this situation had been sorted and paid for

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

problem solved, blockage under windscreen. I answered that I was satisfied with your help and assume you received payment.