Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My 2000 Kangoo 1.4 rxe has a strange problem.

Customer Question

My 2000 Kangoo 1.4 rxe has a strange problem. The heater fan is running flat out unless I disconnect the battery! The central speed switch has no effect and the fan runs even when the speed switch is disconnected. I have tried removing the fuses and relays within the cabin without luck.

Any ideas? It feels like a stuck relay but don't know if or where a relay feeding the heater blower is located. Help please.

Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't do any harm to wait a little longer - let me have an update when you can.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is a electrically failed blower motor resister which is common to fail and when it does, this issue occurs. The resistor will need to be replaced to correct this issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My earlier research did throw up this common fault but in every case the fan would either only run on the high speed setting or not at all. The situation we have is that the fan won't stop at all even with the ignition off. I cannot see how the blower motor is getting any power without the keys in position 1 at least. I am trying to source a wiring diagram to see how this might happen before I buy a replacement resistor. Please bear with me for now.

No problem