Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Laguna 11 Initiale automatic. My problem is that the

Customer Question

I have a Laguna 11 Initiale automatic. My problem is that the electronic parking brake will not release. The manual lever on the dashboard has no effect and the red light on this lever is not lit. I have tried the yellow manual handle in the bottom of the centre console with no effect. The display alternates between "apply handbrake" and "parking brake fault."
The car has been idle on my drive for 6 weeks so I thought maybe a brake calliper had stuck. I jacked each side up and I am unable to turn any of the road wheels so I cant believe they have all seized. The car starts first time, every time (battery good?) and all other functions work ok.
I have spoken to local Renault dealer but all they can suggest is taking it in. My problem is that I can't take it in because I cannot get the parking brake off! I could call the AA but can't see how they will be able to tow it or get it on a trailer without releasing the brake.
Do you know if the parking brake acts on all 4 wheels or just on the rear? If it's just the rear then a tow is possible I guess.
Any other suggestions to release the brake would be welcomed.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX for the length of the post,
John.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..

As there has been a delay - please let me know if you still need help with this - then we can progress if needed..

Best Rgds, MIKE..........................................