Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

Rear Window jammed

As I locked my car (05 Renault Scenic) the rear window on the passenger side came down. I have re-started the engine several times and tried to close the window from drivers controls and from the back but have had no success. Can you suggest anything else I can try! Thanks Christine Stevenson

Category: Renault
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Can you hear any noise from inside the door panel when you try get the window to go up?

Mark :

If you try to put the window down further will it go or is still stuck?

Customer:

There is no noise and it won't go up or down any further.

Mark :

Hi Christine.

Mark :

What you need to do now is remove the door panel to gain access to the mechanism.

Mark :

You will then need to check the wiring is not at fault. If you get power to the motor when you operate the switch then the motor is at fault and will need to be replaced. If there is no power to the motor then you need to trace the wiring fault to find out why.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is not worth £11.....