Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

please could you tell me where the idling sensor on a renault

please could you tell me where the idling sensor on a renault clio rt 1.4 98/99 is as i cannot find it, thanks.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you -

I will give you a drawing below - because its a little hard to describe - that will show you the position of the Idle control sensor on this model... known as ISC control..

To explain a little further for you - usually any issues with this is cured by a thorough clean of the TB - throttle body - with a suitable carb spray cleaner - from a car shop. Use copious amounts to do this -

I would also suggest to carefully check the gasket / seal - where the TB mounts to the inlet manifold - check the tightness of the TB-sometimes the work loose and cause what you have.

Check for any air inlet / ingress leaks - any un metered air getting into the engine on the inlet side will cause what you have. Check the pipe work for perishing - loose fitting etc... generally the fault such as this is found this way - Any such air leak will affect he ISC - and cause a fault code for that - so you need to be sure its not such a leak etc - as opposed to condemning the ISC.

You may find you need to remove the TB to access it fully -

The image I mentioned for you is below - click to open / use -

graphic

One way or the other as above you should get this sorted.

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.