Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi, Ive connect my phone via Bluetooth and after this as

Hi, I've connect my phone via Bluetooth and after this as done left the car. on return car it runs and drives ok and sat nav works, but no sound from radio of sat nav and non of the buttons now work so i'm unable to access any of the settings via the radio console. also the service message has come on but the car was services 1000 miles ago.
need help!
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you --

Can you please tell me exactly what phone make / type / model number you are using?

Have you tried anything else at all to try and rectify this?

Too, please give me the full details of the car -

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

My mobile is the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I have removed the fuse for the radio which brought everything back on-line, but when I've blue-toothed the mobile again, it has all stopped working again. I have tried to repeat the process with the fuse again but have failed to sort the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Car is a renault grand scenic 1.5 dci Tom Tom 2011.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Richard -

Thank you for your reply and info -

First - my sincere apologises - I have had some rather major system issues the last few days so Im afraid I could only just literally now get back to you - so I do apologise for the delay -

On checking Richard - re the Samsung S4 - that phone is not listed as a compatable phone for the system in the car - your symptoms do belie this, which is why I checked.

To confirm , you could try another phone - but that is the issue here as again, the S4 is not listed.

The other thing you can do is ask at the local Renayult dealer - there have been a number of Software updates on the Renault you have ( systems for Bluetooth compatabilty ) which can help in many cases - and I have even kniwn some phines not listed, work after such an update - so I would recommend you do that ..and then go from there based on the results of that... You will of course need to arrange that with your Renault local dealer as only they can do that for you.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX issue Richard - that of the Service Message - this will be because the "system" was not reset when the service was done - a common issue Im afraid.

You can however reset that yourself - I will give you the detail as follows -

Look at the end of the wiper stalk - you will see it has two buttones - a top and a bottom ( split into 2 halves )

For the purpose of the following - we name top half/ button " B " - and the bottom half / button "A"

Now follow the instructions as follows to reset the service system:

•Insert remote control in ignition slot.
•DO NOT depress brake or clutch pedal.
•Press and hold start/stop button for approximately 10 seconds to switch ignition ON.

•Wait for service interval indicator to extinguish.

•Repeatedly press button A or B until "mileage before service" is displayed.

•Press and hold button A or B for approximately 10 seconds until the new service interval is displayed.

•Release button A or B.

•Reset complete.
•Press start/stop button to switch ignition OFF.

Once again - my apologies for the delay Richard -

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. The service message worked and I've reset. Re the bluetooth problem it's not that I need an update it's the fact the audio equipment has frozen so no buttons work and can't access menu's.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
HI again Richard -

My apologies - Im afraid I have been off for the last few days so have only just received your reply.

Im glad the service reset worked for you - so that's that sorted.

Re the Bluetooth / audio system - I dont mean a basic BT software update.. sometimes a "service" software install is required Richard to cure the issues you have with the radio - once that works, the rest should then be that's why I mentioned that. Certainly that needs checking - If its not that , then it needs further investigation - that's the normal way forward though before condemning the unit as faulty Richard.

Let me know how you go -

best Rgds Richard- MIKE..