Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

where do you start looking for hydraulic fluid leaks in roof

Customer Question

where do you start looking for hydraulic fluid leaks in roof for renault magane convertable
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you ...

The usual place for such leaks are at the actual hydraulic unit - that the container feeds...so check there....but it has to be said.. the leak if you have one, can be anywhere in the system..

So if its not there as above, you literally have to check the lines - but its not usually a line fault - unless its chaffed and created a leak- its usually on the connections to the component parts - so you need to check on there.

Usually though if you have a leak -you will see signs of "wet" - so have a good look around for that first - that will give you an idea as to where to look - a tip is to use a good torch in the areas you are looking as its not always obvious - Too, you may have to remove the side panels to check.

Don't forget to check the actual pipe that comes from the container / reservoir as well as another possible source.

Working through as above - if you have a definate leak, you will find it .

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.