Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

A cvolleague is driving an old renault master T35 2.8 TDI LWB

A cvolleague is driving an old renault master T35 2.8 TDI LWB on tour and an orange light has come on on the dashboard apparently there is a row of three lights and it is the centre one on the top row. The manual says it is something to do with the immobiliser. Is this serious and what should we do and do we need to do it urgently - many thanks
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This has the potential to be a problem. If it were to get any worse it could stop the engine from starting. If your friend has a spare key with him, ask him to try that to see if the fault remains.

Mark :

He should try get to the nearest Renault garage to have it checked over as soon as possible.

Customer:

can we get a key from any shop that does car keys or does the immobiliser require a special key from Renault? Don't have a spare

Mark :

The key has to have a transponder chip in it that is then programmed to the vehicle.

Mark :

Some locksmiths can provide these keys but Renault would be the best option.