Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

Hi, 52 plate 1.2 clio. Wipers parking in the upright position.

Hi, 52 plate 1.2 clio. Wipers parking in the upright position. Please help.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, as yet I have had no reply and feel that I have wasted my money. I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

If the wipers are stopping in the exact same position each time then all you have to do is when the wipers have stopped, remove the arms from the spindle and reposition them to the normal position.

Another option is to slacken the drive at the motor and then reset the arms to the park position and retighten the drive arm.

If the arms park in various positions each time then you need to fit a new wiper motor.

Mark.

Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience: Fully qualified technician and MOT tester