Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my Renault Master 2.2 PK51 GOX I am having problems the van

my Renault Master 2.2 PK51 GOX I am having problems the van starts first time every time if I go a mile and turn the engine off the van starts first time but I have to play with the throttle to get the revs up to move. I took to my local garage it came up as air flow master I have fitted a new one but am still having the same problem, had it plugged into computer again it insuffitent power through air flow master, I have put new throttle, new cam shaft centre, and cam senser, a senser on the water, still the same problem. Please can you help me Thank you Trefor
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Trefor,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Trefor,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do wish for you continue I have been unable to get back to you as my broardband has been down for the last week

I look forwand to hearing from you

Trefor

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Trefor and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you - Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

I have read through your details / faults with the vehicle etc -

Can I just ask before we progress - do you have any engine fault light on the dash when its running / playing up?

What mileage does the van have?

What sort / type of garage has run the plug in tests for you?

When I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter - you should be notified of my reply but do check back periodically if not.. then we can progress.

Kind Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

There are NO lights on the dash when it is playing up.

Mileage 140,000

MOT testing garage

Sorry didnt get back to you yesterday we are having problems with broadband

Thank you Trefor

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Trefor -

Thank you for your reply and info..

Dont worry about the delay - no problem at all.

The odd thing is here, you have done a lot / replaced a lot of things that have cost you money but without any real diagnostics back-up. By that I mean, lack of fault codes, live data etc.

I dont know of course what sort of test equipment your MOT garage has - but its important to note on these Renaults - that a lot of aftermarket , ie, non dealer equipment, struggles to give proper - and sometimes any results diagnostically. This is because of the protocols Renault use on their systems / computer / engine management Ecu. So - I suspect that actually you may have fault codes that the garage are not able to get. The only way to be sure of that , is to have a Renault dealer run the tests... I know it can cost, but you need to be sure. Otherwise you go round in circles spending money hand over fist for nothing.. as really, has happened so far.

Again, Im not just talking fault codes - there may not be any, but then there are many other tests to be done with such equipment.. ie, live data.. that tells you what the various sensors are doing etc - and its highlighted on screen then where faults exist. I would also say you need a fuel system test - pressure test - injector tests etc. On this diesel, they do suffer with such issues.. and the only way to test properly is to test with the right equipment.

One would think that the general / basic tests / checks have been done by now - there is I will just mention, a very common fault on this engine - if you look at the right side..front / side...you will see a steel pipe.. this leads to the back of the engine to the EGR valve.. inspect that very carefully. They tend to rot and get pin holes in them - that will cause such troubles.

Also there then, the EGR valve itself is a common fault that will cause such driveability issues.. but that would need stripping off to be checked / cleaned.

Too - common is to have a dirty TB.. throttle body.. I would suggest to give the TB a good thorough clean with a spray cleaner.. ensure you clean the edges of the throttle / air plate - and where it sits when closed on the chamber walls.. If these things haven't been done, there is every chance one or more is your fault - you have to do these things as they are as mentioned, very common on these.

If you find that doesn't cure your issues, you will have to have the tests run as Ive mentioned Trefor to get to the bottom of this.. So work through as above- one way or the other will see this cured for you.

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for the answers I will try your sugestions and come back to you

Thank you Trefor