Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have a laguna Mk2 and I have water leaking into passenger

I have a laguna Mk2 and I have water leaking into passenger footwell from under the dash.
I can occasionally hear water sloshing about, but cannot find it. I do not have a sunroof.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Stan,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll wait for a reply
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Stan and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** happy to help you .. Sorry to see you have had a wait..

Before we progress - can I just ask what you mean exactly when you mention "scuttle"... where is that you have been looking exactly ?

Too -can you give me the cars' Full reg number please -

Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike
Probably used the wrong terminology, when it referred to scuttle,I meant the area below the screen and around the wipers, in that vented area.
The water is not actually pouring in, more like seeping, and as I said, on occasions I can hear water moving about.

Reg; YD02YBR

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Stan -

Thank you for your reply. No you are fine - I asked because people call things by different names so I just needed to be sure thats all -

That area is indeed a common place too - its important to really "dig deep " in there - as it wells up -and flows in. You have to remove all the black plastic panels to get in to check the drain - The drain is a black plastic "flap" on the side panel / inner wing - ensure thats clear..

If its not the problem, then on that vehicle - on the passenger side - in the glove box , right at the top - you will see the compartment that houses the cabin / pollen filter - Remove the filter and check for water trapped in there - Again, thats a common place for water ingress issues on this model Stan - thats your most likely place to be honest - it gets trapped in there and will slosh about.

The other area , is the heater area - but this depends on if you are losing / using engine coolant - If you are finding you are having to add coolant, then the heater matrix can be leaking - causing your wet - and the sloshing -

If its not that either, then as you dont have a sunroof - the other area that can cause this is the door - If its just the passenger side, check that. WHat happens is the door fills with water as the drains clog and it will then seep in, past the weather seal inside the door and into the interior... Too you will hear it sloshing.

So your water ingress will be one of the above Stan - but a further note on the sloshing sounds.. This may be a a separate issue actually.. in that you can get air locks in the heater/ cooling system, and this in itself can and does cause a sloshing noise. If you feel its coming from the central area of the dash - thats the most likely issue there - A good flush and bleed of the cooling system is often whats needed to cure that sloshing noise.

So work through as above Stan and Im sure you will get this all sorted...

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert