Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Grand Scenic 2012. Alarm keeps going of for about 20-30 seconds,

Grand Scenic 2012. Alarm keeps going of for about 20-30 seconds, stopping and then going off again after a few minutes. All doors shut properly, windows shut, nothing visible that could be causing the alarm to go off. Please help
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

With this issue, it can have several different causes... Often its a faulty micro switch on one of the doors / bonnet or rear hatch..

While the individual doors etc will all shut ok, on each latch is a micro switch to operate the alarm system - so one being faulty will cause exactly as you have - For that issue, it would have to be checked.

A dealer would put a diagnostic machine on the vehicle - in the OBD socket - and that will quickly tell them exactly which part of the circuit / which switch , is at fault if it is that - that saves what can be hours of checking -

Another cause of this if its the siren type, is a fault with the main siren as its a self contained unit - or, the back up batteries ( Nicads) inside it - that will cause the alarm to sound as you describe also..

Too - if your particular model has interior sensors - one of those having gone off / faulty will cause this too..

So again - the proper - quick and efficient way to find the fault whatever it is as above - and then fix it - is to have it checked as above..

Given the vehicle is a 12 reg though,. this will be still under manufacturers warranty - so you need to contact the local dealer - and they will do the above and carry out whatever is needed , for free for you.

I wouldn't advise doing anything yourself - you don't want them voiding the warranty on the car- which they can / are known to do if its been worked on by a non dealer while in warranty...

So thats the issue on this/ the various causes for you - and the way forward now to get this sorted for you -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Let me know if there is anything else -

>>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert