Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

changed battery on renault espace and now lights coming on

changed battery on renault espace and now lights coming on dash
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this.

Your symptoms with what you describe are indicative of either the alternator on the car not charging the battery - or a wiring fault in that circuit ( bad earth etc )...or, you may have fitted the replacement battery the wrong way round - you need to check that first.

With you changing the battery I assume you have had flat battery issues - It could be then that the battery is not your fault - and rather, it is as above.

I suggest to get the engine running - and then test the charge rate into the battery. If you cannot keep it going when the leads are off- then carefully check the wiring/ earth connections - and connections to the alternator as above etc... If you cant find anything, I would suggest to have the alternator tested before anything else - as that may well be the root of your troubles..

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.