Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi my o5 grand scenic has come up with check im missions I

Customer Question

Hi my o5 grand scenic has come up with check im missions I have had a new cat put on and camshaft sensor but has nt rectified the problem ??? Do u have any idea what it could be ???
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..

Im assuming whoever did the work for you has run diagnostics - can you tell me what current fault codes you have .... then we can progress..

Plus - please give me the Full reg number of the car -

Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi reg is lv05 ogo hi yes he did run a diagnostics it came bck with a fault code not sure what it was but said it was the camshaft sensor

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply...

After a sensor is fitted - such as your camshaft sensor- the fault codes need to be re read - and the code deleted.. the light should then be off.

If its not going off - and keeps coming on - then if its the same code as well that keeps coming back, the wiring on that circuit needs to be checked - from the sensor - back to the Ecu ( computer ) and the connections checked for corrosion etc - anything like that will cause the light to stay on - with that fault code.

If its not that - then the most likely cause of that would be a loose or worn timing belt.. The cam sensor monitors the position of the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft ( timing etc )... if the belt is loose or worn, and there is no faults on the sensor itself or circuit - the belt is the suspect then - that would have to be checked / renewed then to cure this fault.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - ..

** >>>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.