Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i have a renault master dci 120 black smoke is constant

hi i have a renault master dci 120 black smoke is constant i change fuel filter and air filter and put forty in tank but still doing it am lost now what else can it be . clive
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help you -

What mileage does the van have?

Do you get any fault lights on the dash at all?

Have you had any fault code tests done at all....If so with what results?

Have you had any other tests / checks done at all ?

Have any other parts at all been changed for this fault ?

Rgds, MIKE........................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

173500 had fault code done but no codes no lights on dashboard no more parts been changed .clive

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Clive -

Im sorry - you must have replied to me just as I logged off and I wasn't on yesterday/ Sunday - sorry about that .

This issue that you have Clive as you describe, with that mileage, Its possible you have a EGR clogging fault - Forte wont clear that ... or, and just as likely, you have one or more injectors worn - again, Forte will clean but it wont recondition... At that mileage this is very likely Clive..

I would suggest to have a local diesel specialist take a look for you - there are other causes of black smoke from a diesel such as a faulty injector pump, a dirty air filter (causing not enough oxygen / air being supplied), or even a bad turbocharger.

So those are essentially the items that need checking on this Clive to sort this for you - start as I mentioned above - as the easiest.

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert