Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The bonnet catch on my Laguna Mk III works fine but then I

Customer Question

The bonnet catch on my Laguna Mk III works fine but then I can't do the final release with the little lever under the centre of the bonnet. I suspect the catch is just bunged up with road dirt but can't get in to clean/lubricate
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

I know the situation you have yes - basically the release lever has seized on its spigot / pinion pin at least partly -

You are best trying to get a can of Wd40 with the "straw" on -- and aim it at that latch - give it a good soaking.. Then leave it 30 mins - retry it... and if its not working repeat the procedure... it may take several goes if its bad but they usually just take 2-3 goes..

If you are still struggling then use a tool on the latch - placed on where your finger would go... ( after the attempts to lubricate ) - and use that to give it the extra leverage... just use a piece of steel bar or such like - to give you the leverage.. you wont cause any problems..

Once its open again - several doses of Wd40 will usually fire it up - then dry it all up and put some grease on - thats longer lasting than the Wd which is really only a release spray.

Working as above you should get this sorted.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.