Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Where to fill the automatic gearbox with oil in an Renault

Where to fill the automatic gearbox with oil in an Renault Megane
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .. Sorry to see you have had a wait.

Can you please give me the Full reg number of the vehicle in question so that I can ID exactly which transmission you have.... then I can advise you correctly -

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, it is Swedish. My -00
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there -

Thank you for your reply - thats ok - thats fine.

To fill the gearbox on these you use the dip stick tube - on the type that have the dipstick... there are two types.. but that is the most popular...

So check you have that type...if not - if you have the type without dipstick - let me know and I will send you the info for the other one.

Click the image below to help you ID the dipstick - area.

graphic

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Without stick
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again...

Thats typical eh... but thats the common - and people often don't even realise its there - so thats why I gave you the image -

In that case - check this further image below - which shows the fill point for the other, whats known as DPO code / type.

graphic

You will see the filler plug clearly marked - and highlighted by the droplet .

** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.