Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a espace 2004 3.0lv6 diesel with a severe coolant leak

Customer Question

I have a espace 2004 3.0lv6 diesel with a severe coolant leak somewhere between engine & auto gearbox is there a common problem or do you think it maybe cyl head gasket , cracked block ? The vehicle has done 78000miles . It has had a expansion tank fitted at some time recently but don't know wether it has over heated.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The area that you are describing is the head gasket or the block, this is the only thing that will leak in this area. The head gaskets on these vehicles are common to leak and cause this issue, it is unlikely that this issue is coming from the block itself. This issue is likely the head gasket.