Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Renault master lh35 dci 100 lab when driving battery

Customer Question

I have a Renault master lh35 dci 100 lab when driving battery light comes on and a sign says stop the vans cuts out then red engine sign on switching ignition of it will restart and drive and will do the same thing again vehicle has been serviced and mot'd last month and cam belt changed service included new fuel filter etc all new brakes and discs and ran well till this started happening
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise..

First - what is the year of the van...? If you can give me the Full reg - that will be helpful..

Plus - any test / check results - ?

Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

VJZ4100 d.o.r 29/09/2006 chass no vf1fdcwm6364385111 have not done any checks/test.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

I do apologies sincerely that I have only just been able to get back to you - unusually I was not on this last weekend.

With this issue that you describe - the alternator light coming on is indication of a charge circuit ( or related ) fault..

Given you have had work done in this area - ie, timing belt etc - it needs double checking because all of this - the alternator / drive belt etc will all have been off. So it needs to be checked for the wiring -for any bad connections on that circuit inc earth connections .. Too - the alternator drive belt... that tension / condition needs checking... Also too - and a common issue with these, the alternator itself. Some have a clutch arrangement ( on the pulley ) too on these on the alternator - that is a suspect also. All this needs physically checking out - again - given you have had work done there - all these will have been disturbed so there is every chance the fault you have / cause of, will be found there.

IF you still struggle after that - ie, you dont find the cause - then electrical tests need to be carried out when the light is on...to determine exactly what is going on in that condition - that way you are sure to find it... but that will mean driving it to a garage while the light is on - rather than switching off / on to re boot it as you do... Unless you have test equipment yourself and can repair it yourself - in which case, at that time, I can talk you through.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.