Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

i have a espace and it broke down on the motorway the rac man

i have a espace and it broke down on the motorway the rac man put the diagnostic machine on it and he said that the throttle was not recieving a signal, what happened was the warnig light came on when i had no power, but the engine was still running he disconnected the battery and said that sometimes resets it but we only got 1 mile before it happened again so had to be transported back home. it came up on screen as fuel injection problem. any ideas? ,

Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

When you say -on screen it said fuel injection problem...was that an actual text message (type) ..or was it a light?

Too - what fault codes were retrieved when he tested the circuit ?

Please also give me its Full reg number so that I can ID which systems that particular one has -

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike it was a written message on the screen, he didnt say what the fault codes were, he only told me it was the throttle not recieving a signal. the reg is HN03 RZY. It will start up and move forward and reverse but then cuts out again bringing up the same written message

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Mick -

Thank you for your reply / info...

Ok - with this - there would be fault codes there when he connected the machine... you really need to ask him what they were so as to direct you to the fault accurately....If you cant re contact him - Im afraid its going to have to be fault code read again.... any local garage can do this for you - unless you can get them to to do it again for you....

Anyway - the usual fault with this is the throttle pedal control unit - its a common failure on these - but- he is saying that that is not receiving a signal... That is odd - if what he is saying is true - you either have a wiring fault - on that circuit between the throttle pedal module ( which is all a part of the pedal ) or, a faulty Ecu ( computer )

So you see the need to have the fault codes Mick to determine this accurately.... If it is as he has said - it needs to be physical checked - the wiring circuit back to the Ecu for faults / chaffed wires - bad connections etc...

If its not that - ie, if the fault codes reveal a bad "throttle pedal module " - then it needs a new throttle pedal unit / module... but check the wires to that first in any event.

Working as above will see this sorted for you Mick....

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks mike will get it booked in but might not be able to reply until next week your rating will be very good thank you again

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I see you did the rating Mick... so this is just to acknowledge that - and Thank You..

All the best with the car Mick - and you know where I am if there is ever anything else..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.