Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi I have had a warning light asking me to check my injection

hi I have had a warning light asking me to check my injection system for some time. The garage were unable to locate any fault and the light was intermittent. Today I have had another light come on asking me to check the antipollution system.
I have only just had a MOT could this be connected? and are the 2 faults connected.? The car is a megane coupe cabriolet 1.9 diesel
thanks
Helem
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise-

The fact that you have had an MOT done, that wont have had any cause / effect on the extra light issue you have...

The question is why cant the garage ID whats wrong with the first issue - and the answer to that is, most likely they don't have the required / correct equipment to run full diagnostics on the Ecu / engine management system.. This is quite common with Renaults - the protocols they use on the systems require specific diagnostic software - many garages struggle with this - For both the first fault light and the second , you will need to locate and use a garage that has the correct equipment to ID the causes of these faults - If you cannot find such a garage, you would have to use a Renault dealer - at least for the fault code diagnostics... and then go from there as to the repairs... either that the dealer - or armed with the correct fault code info, another garage that you may wish to use.

So thats the way forward on this one now - You do need to start by by getting the fault codes from the Ecu - they will be there as the fault lights are on - once retrieved, the fault is identified and can be repaired then properly.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert