Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

The heating/aircon knob/control is stuck on low heat and does

Customer Question

The heating/aircon knob/control is stuck on low heat and does not turn to the right, therefore I cannot demist the car very quickly. Is this a major fault? And would it make it fail the MOT?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Is this the Digital type with the 2 dials & the display or the manual one with the 3 dials?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Manaul with 3 dials

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..normally these are cable controlled to the heater box itself.to operate the directional flaps inside..you need to remove the panel itself from the dash to see if it a fault on the control panel itself and not a fault with the cable that leads to the heater box for contolling the flaps inside..if it fault within the heater box then that normally means heater box removal which wont be cheap...but its not a testable item for MOT's..I do hope this helps