Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Renault scenic megane 97/98, 7.5 Fuse keeps blowing, in fuse

Customer Question

Renault scenic megane 97/98, 7.5 Fuse keeps blowing, in fuse box relaited to fuel pump, I noticed fuel pump does not work, but every time I switch ignition on the same fuse keeps blowing, checked by disconecting fuel pump still blows, take fuel pump relay out and still blows, workshop manual says the fuse is for the ENGIN PROTECTION FUSE,what part though, can you help please, thanks bob
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bob,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Bob,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Bob,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
How was the engine running prior to this current issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, the car was running fine, until we had that heavy rain fall a few weeks ago, the day after that, I was driving, and the car suddenly cut out on me, I got it started again, but was misfiring, before cutting out . I checked the fuse in the engine bay, and it had blown, and each time I replaced it , it blew every time. I have renewed the fuel pump relay, ignition coils. I have checked for water in the fusebox under the dasbourd,and that is dry. I was thinking wheather it might be the fuel cut off switch ( ienertcia switch ). at the moment it starts, but misfires. I will try and replace the fuel cut off switch and see what happens, regards bob

Yes from everything that you are describing the fuel cut off switch has developed a short and in turn is blowing the fuse. Replacing the switch should solve this issue.