Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

two warning lights..check minjection system and check anti

Customer Question

two warning lights..check minjection system and check anti pollution system ...is it still ok to drive as have a 350 mile trip to do tomorrow
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

What engine type do you have/size etc..

How does the vehicle perform at the moment since or prior to these warnings coming up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,

it is a diesal engine,1.5

it is running the same..no problems that i have noticed

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..Normally it isnt really advised to run any great distance when faults like these occur - where then the car needs to be diagnostically scanned via the 16pin dlc port to see what faults codes you have stored to make any further checks on the engine itself wise..if that something you can do today before your journey then that would be the best advise to see if its anything major or not - most repautable garage / mobile techs would have that equipement = being a diesel and the engines runs ok then normally you can drive ok - sometimes this can come up if say the car is seldom used due to alot of carbon soot build up causing EGR faults and all it would require is a good hard run - but if the journey is essential and you do have somesort of breakdown cover then it should be ok..what i would do though is get some of that diesel injector cleaner/and maybe fill up with some premium diesel with the regular diesel in the tank - But probably i would advise from here - if you can - someone local today to maybe come out a scan the car and see what the ecu's is showing- this will determine wether you want to chance using it that distance or not..I do hope this helps