Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Can this type of key be coded with the VIN of the car?

Customer Question

From your answer to my last question, I have the following questions: 1 HOW CAN I GET TO BUY AN IGNITION BARREL THAT IS CODED TO THE VEHICLE ONLINE? 2 I AM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY BUT THE VIN OF THE VEHICLE IS:IVF1JAOFO516427022 ENG NO K7MA702DC79461 After answering this question, I shall do the rating.

Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to continue waiting
Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now I am modifying my question to read this:

Following troubleshooting the Internet, I discovered that I need to buy key with transponder which I have bought and awaiting it's dispatch to me. The question now is: Can this type of key be coded with the VIN of the car?

Thank you for getting back to me. Hopefully with your question modified we maybe able to locate a suitable Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will the ignition barrel be coded so that it can be used when I get to nigeria. No body has been able to supply me with the suitable answer related to coding.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?